- nouna graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph• Syn: ↑electrocardiogram, ↑cardiogram, ↑ECG• Hypernyms: ↑graph, ↑graphical record• Part Holonyms: ↑checkup, ↑medical checkup, ↑medical examination, ↑medical exam, ↑medical, ↑health check
* * *abbreviationUsage: often not capitalizedelectrocardiogram
* * *1. electrocardiogram.2. electrocardiograph.
* * *EKG (no periods),electrocardiogram.
* * *abbr.■ electrocardiogram■ electrocardiograph■ electrocardiography
* * */ˌiːˌkeıˈʤiː/ noun, pl EKGs [count]medical1 : a printed recording of the heart's electrical activity made by a special machine — called also ECG, electrocardiogram2 : a machine that detects and records the electrical activity of the heart — called also ECG, electrocardiograph
* * *EKG [EKG] [ˌiː keɪ ˈdʒiː] [ˌiː keɪ ˈdʒiː] abbreviation (NAmE)= ↑ECG
Useful english dictionary. 2012.